Search for a Room
Making a Difference Today for a Better Tomorrow
The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is the proud recipient of the 3 Green Key rating awarded to a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment, that shows strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs, and engineering solutions which have benefited the environment and the local community.
For more information visit Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
Green Choice Program:
We participate in the Howard Johnson Green Choice program. This is an effort to protect the environment through conservation of water and decreased use of detergent. Guests have an option of having linens and towels washed as they feel necessary.
Donations of Goods:
During updates and renovations, the Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls regularly donates items such as furniture and linens to local charities.
The entire hotel property, as well as all guestrooms, are 100% non-smoking.
The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is a proud participant in Earth Hour and looks forward to building on last year's success. With the flip of a switch, we will help raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.
Park in the City:
We actively support Niagara Falls’ Park in the City Committee with their efforts in beautifying public spaces and environmental initiatives. We encourage our employees to take part in community activities such as Tree Planting and Cleanups.
New Hires Program:
All new employees are aware of the commitment we’ve made to the environment. Together we continue efforts and training for a better tomorrow.
Howard Johnson Environmental Management Committee:
An established committee responsible for implementing policies and procedures and strategies towards a greener environment.
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Reduced overall waste disposal
- Diverted kitchen waste into compost materials
- Employee paper-saving program
- Retrofits for water consumptions
- Energy consumption programs in place
- Property-wide recycling program including containers, office products, cooking oil, batteries and fluorescent light bulbs
- Environmental purchasing practices such as amenities that are bio-degradable, cruelty-free and contain natural ingredients
- Purchase local foods and produce
- Environmentally friendly lighting program
- Limited use of aerosols
- Sustainable transportation options are available to guests wishing to tour the area
- Brand collateral is printed on paper with no less than 30% post waste
- Detailed engineering program for maintenance inspections done regularly