Safety Information for COVID-19
To our valued guests,
With growing global concerns around COVID-19 (“coronavirus”), I wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests is Howard Johnson’s top priority and we are following the lead of Canadian public health authorities at this important time. We are committed to providing comfortable and safe lodging experiences at our hotel.
First and foremost, I want to assure our guests that we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our property is safe and that we have existing plans and training protocols in place to ensure they stay that way. While the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low, we continue to monitor for developments very closely
We have implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:
- Introducing enhanced cleaning protocols in all of our guest rooms, with particular focus on high traffic and high contact areas such as door handles, television remotes, lamp switches, alarm clocks etc.. Corona viruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we utilise are industrial-grade and food-service approved
- Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures
- Temperature checks of all team members upon commencement of their work shift
- Sneeze Guards and social distancing indicators at all check-in kiosks
- Appointed Sanitation Specialist
- Hand sanitizer stations at all entrances of the property
- Advisory signage throughout the property
- Rotation of all guestrooms to allow for better sanitation
- Use of PPE equipment such as face masks and gloves as needed or required
- Daily Housekeeping services will be suspended during your stay to minimize contact with our team members and guests. Additional items such as towels and tissue paper etc. will be available upon request and will be left at your guestroom door.
To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell or is experiencing a fever to refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Know that we are doing our part by putting employment policies in place so that our hourly staff are protected and are not penalized financially if they need to stay home.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon,
Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham by the Falls